Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston


Wondrous Strange
By: Lesley Livingston
Get the Book: Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, and your local library!
Rating: 3

I'm not going to lie. I was pretty disappointed with this book. I was at first so excited to read it. It was highly recommended by some of my favorite authors and publishers. However throughout the book all I could do was compare it to one of my favorite book "The Iron King" Fairy king and Queen Oberon, Mab, and Titania? Check. Major character daughter of fairy king? Check. Fall in love with a boy who is pretty much inaccessible? Check. Even some of the small things were the same. The dance, the celebrations, the mind sucking? All there.
I don't mean to pick it completely apart. The book was well written and had many interesting aspects but I wish the story was a bit more original in ideas. One thing I did like was the pony Lucky. He had a very interesting part in the story. Also I liked the aspect of her being a cross between Auberon and (spoiler) Mabh. Overall the most appealing part of the story was Sonny Flannery. Sonny is a very sweet guy who treats Kelley like a princess before knowing she is one. The next books include darklight and tempestious. While I might not be first in line to purchase it I will likely check them out and get back to you. I recommend this for an easy read and for fans of The iron king, twilight and other supernatural/fantasy/romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment