Monday, November 7, 2011

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin

                                   
All these Things I've Done
By: Gabrielle Zevin
Get the book: Barnes & Nobles, Amazon, Borders, and your local library!
Rating: 4

All These Things I’ve Done is a novel told from the point of view of Anya Balanchine. It takes place in the far future. Anya is responsible for her older brother, sister, and grandmother after her parents were murdered. The Balanchines are part of a mafia family who produce chocolate and in the future caffeine is illegal. Leo, her brother was in an accident that left him mentally challenged and she has to find a balance in how to take care of him but also not upset him. Anya also knows that she and her siblings must stay out of trouble because neither her brother nor her grandmothers are suitable guardians.

While juggling taking care of her family and finishing school the unexpected happens. Anya finds a guy who she is crazy about and who doesn’t know about her family. While she might be smitten with Win he happens to be the son of the DA. His father is not happy with the fact that his son is dating a mafia princess. He even goes as far as to ask Anya to stay away from his son or he could make her life difficult.

This book took a while for me to get into but once I did I was fascinated with the story. Anya is a strong character with a lot of responsibility. Often I relate to a character easily. Anya and I are nothing alike. My personal favorite character would be Win. I adore him. Then i would probably choose between Anya and her little sister. i happen to relate a little more with her little sis. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes futuristic novels with a little romance. let me know what you thought of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment