Friday, November 4, 2011

Audrey, Wait By Robin Benway

                                                                
                                                       Audrey, Wait
By: Robin Benway
Get the book: Barnes and NoblesAmazonAnderson's Books, and don't forget to check your local library!
Check out this summary on Goodreads !
Rating: 5


I adore this book. I came across it at my school library a while back. I checked it out and was super excited. I had heard that it was about a girl, dating a rock star, etc. Sound cliche? It really was not at all!  I devoured this book in a day and have read it several times since. Robin Benway's writing is quirky, witty and hits the spot that makes me so happy to be a book nerd. The humor in this book is right up my alley (for those of you who don't know me personally, beware: I have a very sarcastic sense of humor) and is mixed perfectly with some tear jerking moments that make me wish I was falling in love.

The characters were so fun and exciting. Audrey was a character whom I related with greatly, mostly based on her humor, and attitude. Victoria is the best friend I wish I had and James is, well, amazing. James actually doesn't have a large part in the book until the end but the parts he did have were Delicious. Let's not forget her completely incredible parents.

Each chapter begins with a song lyrics. I looked up every song mentioned and discovered a new musical love. I noticed one of the largest complaints about the book was the swearing. I don't curse myself so this book was a little sensitive for my ears. Other then that I have no regrets about this book. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment