Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Goose Girl By Shannon Hale

The Goose Girl
By: Shannon Hale
Get the book: Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, and your local library!
Rating: 5+

I just finished my second read by Shannon Hale and I must say, WOW! This book was even more enchanting then my previous read by her. (Princess Academy) The story caught my attention immediately and sucked me in until I was finished.

Ani, the crown princess, is a very well developed character who evolved very nicely through-out the story. She starts out not knowing anything about herself. She ends up embracing not only herself but all the townspeople. Her mother was a very difficult character. Although I hated her I wanted desperately to like her. Let's not forget Enna, one of Ani's new friends. She is a bit mischievous but remains loyal and just plain awesome.

My favorite fairy-tale story was always the goose girl so I might be a bit biased because of that. The novel follows the fairytale well but still adds enough in for a surprise. This book is part of a series. I will definitely be going to my library for the sequel today. I don't want to spoil the book to much if you haven't read it so I'll stop now. I definitely recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment